City of Madison Dog Park
The Laykos K9 Riverfront Dog Park is located on 123 Mill Street along the beautiful Ohio River. There are two sections, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. Both sections are equipped with play features and water fountain stations for the dogs and owners. The large section also has a shelter house.
In 2013, the Park Board renamed the Dog Park in memory of the City Of Madison Police Dog, Laykos who had passed away.
The park is open year round, and is closed from dusk to dawn.
Rules and Fees
All dog owners interested in using the dog park must first register their dog(s). You can register your dog(s) by submitting the online registration form found HERE or at the Brown Gym which is located at 100 Broadway Street in Madison. Dogs must be at least six month of age and a current shot record must be on file. Shot records must be updated yearly.
Fees are as follows;
- Annual pass (January 1-December 31): $20 for the first dog.
- Additional dog: $10 per additional dog in the same household.
Dog park rules;
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
- Keep one leash per dog with you at all times.
- Dog owners must clean up all dog feces and dispose of in receptacles in the park. Waste bags are provided.
- Dog owners must be in park and within view of their dog(s) at all times.
- All dogs must be properly vaccinated (Parvo, Dhlpp, Rabies) and records submitted to parks office.
- It is recommended that dogs be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must wear a current tag.
- Children under the age of (13) thirteen must be accompanied by an adult.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed at first sign of aggression.
- Females dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Puppies under the age of (6) six months are not permitted in the park.
- All dog owners must keep a leash in hand at all times.
- Food of any kind is not permitted in the park.
- Fill in any hole your dog digs.
- Maximum of (2) two dogs per person per visit.
- No smoking permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused to them/by them.
- Dogs are the only animal allowed in the park.
- The City of Madison reserves the right to close the park as needed, without advanced notice, for maintenance, repairs, and public safety.
- Failure to abide by park rules may result in the loss of park privileges.
- Small dog area is limited to dogs weighing 30 lbs or less.
- Entry into park is at your own risk.
You are responsible for your dog’s behavior. The City of Madison is not responsible for any injury to you or your dog.