Mayor Bob Courtney Shares COVID-19 Update
Madison, IN— Mayor Bob Courtney, who has been in quarantine since Tuesday, November 10th, has tested positive for COVID-19. The mayor has been self-isolating at home, caring for his wife, Tammy Courtney, an Intensive Care Unit nurse, who tested positive recently. He has taken four COVID-19 diagnostic tests during this time but learned late on Wednesday, November 18th, that he is positive.
“Tammy and I are doing well and are experiencing minimal symptoms. Since learning of Tammy’s positive, we have followed all protocols while continuing to work from home. Fortunately, Tammy is cleared to return to work on Monday, and I will return to the office right after the Thanksgiving holiday. We are very grateful for all of the kindness and support we have received during this time. I have been getting tested weekly and encourage the entire community to do the same whether you are showing symptoms or not,” said Mayor Courtney.
As a reminder, Jefferson County has multiple COVID-19 diagnostic testing locations.
- The City of Madison Senior Citizen Center located at 208 W Main Street, Madison, IN 47250. You can pre-register online for your test at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or call 888-634-1116.
- King’s Daughters’ Hospital Convenient Care located at 443 E Clifty Drive, Madison, IN 47250. You can pre-register online for your test at https://scheduling.coronavirus.in.gov/ or call 812-273-5372.
- King’s Daughters’ Hospital Isolation Clinic located at 1373 E St. Rd. 62 Madison, IN 47250. Call 812-801-8010 with questions.
- PMC Urgent Care located at 311 Clifty Drive, Madison, IN 47250. Call 812-274-274 with questions.
- CVS Pharmacy located at500 Clifty Drive, Madison, IN 47250. Call 812-273-2117 with questions.