Public Transportation through "Catch-a-Ride"
Madison offers public transportation through the "Catch-a-Ride" service from Lifetime Resources. You can learn more about Catch-a-Ride at the Lifetime website or read on.
Catch-a-Ride offers an on-demand service by appointment to help residents get from their home to another point. All ages and abilities are welcome. Please have exact change.
6AM to 6PM, Monday-Friday. Please call 1-800-330-7603 to schedule a pick-up or drop-off.
Additional Information from Lifetime Resources website:
How to Catch-A-Ride
In order to better serve you, new customers need to register. To register, call 812-432-3960 or toll free at 800-330-7603. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Home Address
- Mailing Address (if different from home address)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Special Transportation Needs, i.e., wheelchair accessible vehicle
Already a customer? To schedule a ride, call 812-432-3960 or 800-330-7603. When requesting a ride for Point Deviation Service or Rural Route, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date of requested ride
- Pickup address
- Drop-off address
- The time you need to arrive at your destination
- Whether a return ride is needed and request time for return ride
- If a wheelchair accessible vehicle is needed
- If an escort is riding with you
Trips may be booked up to 30 days in advance. If it is not possible for Catch-A-Ride to accommodate your ride at the requested time, you may be offered an alternate time. Catch-A-Ride is a shared ride service. Rides are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis and are subject to availability.
Cancellations must be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Failure to meet this requirement or failure to be present for a scheduled pickup will result in a No Show. Continued violations may result in suspension of services or the option to pay for No Shows.
To cancel a ride, please call 812-432-3960 or 800-330-7603 and press 1 and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Day and time of pickup
- Pickup and drop-off locations
- Details of any return trip that may also need to be cancelled
What is the cost?
|N/A||0-5 Miles||6 or more Miles|
*Available to older adults (60 and over), children up to 16 years of age, and persons with a permanent disability.
**Subject to availability.
When does Catch-A-Ride operate?
Catch-A-Ride's routes operate Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm.
The call center phone lines are open Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm. You may leave a message for cancellations.
Catch-A-Ride does not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- The day before or after Christmas (varies year to year)
- Christmas Day
What services does Catch-A-Ride offer?
Catch-A-Ride, like any other public transportation system, is available to individuals of all ages and incomes. It has scheduled pickup and arrival times and is a shared ride service. However, Catch-A-Ride provides more personal transportation and offers services that are specifically designed to serve small towns and rural counties.
Demand Response Service
Catch-A-Ride's routes operate as a demand response service, based on individual requests, which are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are no specified pick up times/locations and no structured routes, although some routes do have service area boundaries. This is an origin-to-destination service where drivers will offer a helping hand as needed to ensure that individuals reach their destination safely.
- Fares must be paid upon boarding the vehicle
- Be prepared for delays due to traffic or inclement weather.
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes before your scheduled ride. The driver may arrive up to 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time is permitted to wait a maximum of 5 minutes.
- If your ride has not arrived within 10 minutes of your scheduled pickup time, please call Catch-A-Ride.
- Catch-A-Ride has wheelchair accessible vehicles available upon request.
Rules of the Road
- No smoking
- No eating or drinking
- No open drinks or food
- Seat belts must be worn at all times
- Customers must supply and install their own child safety seats
- Stay seated while vehicle is moving
- Allow customers to exit before boarding
- No profane language
- Clients are able to carry on items that they can carry in one trip and can secure either in their seat, at their feet and clear of the aisle way, or in the seat next to them (if available).
- Customers with portable oxygen tanks are welcome
- Only service animals are permitted
Catch-A Ride may suspend operation if roads or conditions are deemed unsafe.
For more information or to schedule a ride call:
All services are provided without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin or ancestry (in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964) and available to individuals of all incomes. This material and information on our non-discrimination obligations is available in alternate format upon request by calling 800-330-7603. TTY/TDD 800-743-3333. Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Catch-A-Ride Director.
This material is available in alternate format upon request by calling 800-330-7603.