The City Campground is located on two acres of riverfront property on Vaughn Drive. This facility is located on the east-end of Madison, providing easy access to the historic downtown.
The campground provides 34 class AA sites with 18 sites bordering the beautiful Ohio River. The grounds are also equipped with a full bathhouse facility and dump station. All sites feature water and 30 amp electrical hook-ups. Ten sites are additionally equipped with 50 amp electrical ports.
The camping season runs from April through October, with a full-time camping attendant available at 812-265-8308.
Reservations and Fees
Reservations will be accepted beginning January 1 for the current camping season. Full payment is required in advance.
Reservations made January 1st thru January 31st must be made by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations made after January 31st can be made by phone or email.
One responsible individual is required to register personally for his/her family with the campground attendant.
Fees for camping are as follows:
- Sites 1 through 18: Daily $40, Weekly $240.
- Sites 19 through 34: Daily $30, Weekly $180.
A 5% innkeepers tax will be added to all nightly camp fees. If a camper stays more then 30 consecutive nights, there will be no innkeepers tax.
Effective July 1, 2010, there is a $10 fee for all cancellations made eight days or more prior to arrival date. All cancellations made seven days or less before the schedule arrival date are subject to the first nights camping fee. Cancelling on arrival date or not showing up is subject to the full charged fee. Partial cancellations are not allowed.
Campground Rules and Regulations
- Only one car per campsite.
- Only one RV / pull camper allowed per site.
- No sharing of utilities.
- 2X3 rugs only.
- Bring adapter (30 to 15), if your unit is not equipped.
- No tents allowed in camping area.
- Daily checkout time is 1 p.m.
- Quiet hours are observed from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. This rule includes generators.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire ring areas only, and are not to be moved (sites 1 through 18).
- Grey-water must be disposed of through proper sanitary facilities. It must be caught in a closed tote and disposed of in the drain behind the restrooms. It must not be discharged on the ground or over the hill.
- All refuse and garbage is to be placed in plastic bags and put in receptacles provided for that purpose. Do not throw loose garbage in barrels. Ask the attendant for extra bags if needed.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and be attended to at all times. Dogs must be walked outside campground area. Owners are required to clean up any droppings from campsite area. Pets are not allowed to annoy neighbors.
- Campground manager is on Lot #2
- There is a disposal station for sewage on Vaughn Drive by the campground entrance. Use of the dumping station for anyone other than city campers is $5.00.
- There are restrooms with hot water for showers. Check with the attendant about a key. Please do not allow small children to go to the restrooms unattended. There will be a $5 refundable key deposit.
- If electrical interruption is due to your equipment, you will be responsible for the electricians fee.
- The Parks Department will provide grass cutting.